Clear and Simple vSphere 7 Foundations (VCTA 2020 Associate)
Prepare for the VMware Certified Technical Associate exam. Learn about vSphere version 7 and how to manage it.
I am a VMware Certified Instructor who has taught thousands of hours of live training directly for VMware. Most lectures in this course are 5 - 15 minutes long. A few deeper topics are slightly longer. There are over 40 real-life demos of tasks being performed in a vSphere 7 environment using the new HTML5 vSphere Client.
VMware vSphere is everywhere. Non-virtualized datacenters are a thing of the past, and in order to stay relevant you must understand vSphere. This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn vSphere, including absolute beginners.
Topics covered in this course include (but are not limited to):
- Installing ESXi and vCenter
- Basic ESXi Configuration and Management
- Content Libraries
- LifeCycle Manager
- Understand vSphere Networking Concepts
- Configure vSphere Standard and Distributed Switches
- Virtual Switch Features
- VMFS, NFS 3, NFS 4.1
- FC and FCoE
- LUN Masking and Zoning
Managing Virtual Machines
- Templates and Cloning
- VMware Tools
- OVF and OVA Templates
- Configuring vMotion Requirements
- vMotion, Storage vMotion, and Shared-Nothing vMotion
- Configuring DRS Clusters
- DRS Affinity Rules, Overrides, and advanced settings
- DRS Automation Levels and Resource Fragmentation
- Resource Pools
- Collect Diagnostic Data
- Generate Log Bundles
- vSphere High Availability
- vCenter High Availability
- Admission Control
- Heartbeat Datastores
What you’ll learn
- Design and Administer a vSphere 6.7 environment
- Create and configure vCenter, ESXi hosts, and Virtual Machines (VM)
- Understand and configure vSphere Standard and Distributed Virtual Switches
- Manage vSphere 7 Storage inlcuding vSAN, iSCSI, Fiber Channel, and FCoE
- Create VMs, manage VMware Tools, work with vApps, Templates, Cloning, and Snapshots
- Configure vMotion, DRS, High Availability, and Fault Tolerance
- Upgrade older versions of vSphere to vSphere 7
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
Who this course is for:
- Administrators that want to learn more about vSphere 7
I am the owner of TrainerTests,and am an official certified trainer for VMware and AWS.
I have delivered thousands of hours of official live training to my students, and I love teaching people new skills.
I am the founder of TrainerTests, which provides video training unlike any other company. I believe in using high quality illustrations and animations to simply complex concepts. in my courses you will get the technical depth that you need, with a focus on making sure that you completely understand the underlying concepts.
I have over 200,000 students across a variety of platforms, with multiple top-rated and best selling courses.
StartvSphere 7 Licensing (3:15)
StartIntroduction to Virtualization (18:45)
StartvCenter 7 Architecture and the Platform Services Controller (PSC) (17:12)
StartDemo: Installing ESXi 7 Using Interactive Installation (14:58)
StartDemo: Deploy the vCenter Server Appliance 7 (10:30)
StartDemo: vCenter 7 VAMI (5:53)
StartDemo: Add ESXi Hosts to vCenter Inventory (6:50)
StartDemo: Licensing vCenter and ESXi (3:15)
StartDemo: Basic ESXi Configuration (15:45)
StartDemo: Create a Content Library (10:24)
StartVMware Flings (2:33)
StartVirtual Networking in vSphere 7 (5:48)
StartvSphere Standard Switch Features (18:00)
StartvSphere Distributed Switches (13:24)
StartVirtual Switch Features in vSphere 7 (9:28)
StartDemo: Create a vSphere 7 Standard Switch (25:09)
StartDemo: Create a vSphere 7 Distributed Switch (14:30)
StartDemo: Configure Virtual Switch Features in vSphere 7 (23:44)